Who’s on board?
The newly launched Community Campaign already has several schools engaged. All schools listed below have pledged to take part in the Attitude Books Projectfor their grade 3 students in 2018.
While some schools have chosen to fund the campaign themselves, others are considering a Community Funding Campaign to be set up to allow parents, friends, community groups and local businesses to sponsor the project for a fraction of the regular cost of the book.
If you don’t see your school listed below, you can invite the Principal or Assistant Principal to visit our Schools page and register to have a Community Funding campaign set up for them. We are always happy to discuss the project with parents, school staff and organisations.
Self funding schools
Our Lady of Fatima, Rosebud, Victoria
Eastbourne Primary, Rosebud, Victoria
St Mary’s Primary School, Hampton, Victoria
Glenvale School – Bairnsdale Campus, Victoria
Cathedral College – Wangaratta, Victoria
Boneo Primary School, Victoria – thanks to Dika Automotive, Dandenong, Victoria
Dromana Primary School, Victoria – thanks to Dromana Rotary
Red Hill Consolidated, Victoria – thanks to Red Hill and District Lions Club
St Bernard’s Primary School, Wangaratta, Victoria – thanks to Sarah Hudson, Liberty Finance Dromana
Lockwood Primary School, Central Victoria – thanks to Maiden Gully Marong Lions Club
Schools with (soon to be) active Campaigns
Several schools in the Bendigo region
How does it work?
- sponsors can support one or more children for just $10 /book,
- books may be personally presented to every student by the Author*,
- teachers receive a complimentary resource book to support use of A for Attitude in the classroom,
- books can be taken home to assist family communications,
- within 4 years 57% of primary students will have their own book, within ten years all Australian students from Yr3 – Y12 would get an ‘A’ for Attitude!
“Such a great initiative, students mention it often, have used it as a strategy when dealing with issues” – T.Coumbe, Assistant Principal, Rye P.S. 2014
It has been said that ‘It takes a village to raise a child’ – we say; ‘It takes a positive village to raise a positive child’. These campaigns invite support from
- local businesses, with positive values
- philanthropists and school patrons,
- parents, friends, relatives,
- service clubs, eg. Rotary, Lions, Soroptomists, Jaycees etc. and
- your P&C to fund-raise.
Once campaigns are active, links will take you through to the specific campaign.